Friday, October 2, 2015

Being a Tourist: Washington, D.C.














Photos taken by Frannie Bower

As Chloe put it, Washington D.C. is one of those cities where I don't feel weird or embarrassed being a tourist. Usually when I travel I like to blend in with the locals, but this weekend it was all about the selfie stick. We all decided to take Monday off work to explore D.C. I hadn't been since a field trip in sixth grade and we didn't get to see much of it during our festival weekend. We walked seven miles from the capital, Washington Monument, the White House, the World War Two Memorial, and the Lincoln Memorial. We knew we wouldn't have time to go to any museums, so we thought we'd take it easy, especially since I was feeling the after effects of the weekend. We had a lovely time, but then I bought that pizza hat and ruined everyone photo. No regrets.

17 comments :

  1. Beautiful photos! Really nice place!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great trip. Love the photos.
    http://doreensstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Seems like a lot of fun :)

    http://www.brittanyalexandrataylor.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were close to me! hope you enjoyed the trip
    http://dayinmydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha before even reading the paragraph I was about to say your bucket hat is the best thing ever!!! Absolutely made the photos! :P Must have been nice to have a chilled out monday! :)

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that salami Pizza hat lol.. Lovely photos and looks like you people had so much fun
    Enjoy your new Week
    x

    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love DC! I used to live there so you can definitely still be a tourist and resident. No shame there. The food, the culture, the nightlife - they're all great there.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun! I've never been to DC. You make me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never visited Washington D.C., and you just made it look so fun!

    xoxo,
    www.thefrugalblogger.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time!
    xo
    Siffat
    icingandglitter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing!! i wanna visit that one day! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photos!
    xoxo
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been to DC but I can imagine how easy it would be to go all out and be all touristy! I feel like you'd stick out if you didn't!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to visit here when in the states. Looks like a fun day! I did a similar thing recently in London, went back and had a touristy day, it was awesome.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk - Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, that must have been quite a sight in real life!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to go there! Sounds like a fun day :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. great pictures! so cute!!

    so cute!

    love the blog girl!
    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete