Sunday, October 11, 2015

Caturday






Skirt: thrifted, top: target, necklace: gift

I'm a busy person, I like it that way. My weekends are rarely ever relaxing in the lounge around sort of way. I'm usually out and about with my roommate and/or boyfriend, traveling and exploring. This weekend a couple plans I had fell through and I found myself home alone for long stretches of time. My first instinct was that I needed to go somewhere or do something. I used to be good at being alone with myself, but with a full-time job, taking a night class, and working on a million projects I find that I no longer find "me time" necessary. I'd rather unwind with a glass of wine, talking about the day with my roommates. After that initial panic dissipated, I thought it would be a good to have a weekend to clean, organize, run errands and work on projects. It ended up being exactly the weekend I needed.

I also invested in a remote for my camera, so I no longer have to bug everyone in my life to take photos of me. Here are some outfit photos I took while experimenting with my new toy. I have the most beautiful set of peacock chairs that always add an extra 70s vibe to whatever I'm wearing. I'm still getting used to it, hence why I haven't mastered the art of not having a claw hand. That's alright, just ignore that...look at my cute little cat instead.





7 comments :

  1. That's a pretty top! You look so chic! Your cat is adorable.
    www.doreensstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute kitty! I've always loved having cats and would really like to get one now, but my partner is more excited to get a cat so I need to wait until we move. :/ Boo.

    lesdeuxlapins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That third photo is my favourite for sure! What's your cats name? So cute! :) I love grounding myself with at home only, organising, errand-running weekends every now and then!

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is Nanu (nah-new), but I usually just call her lil cat! She's 5 years old if you can believe it.

      Delete
  4. You look beautiful! xxC

    mydandelionseeds.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cat *___*

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, I love these photos. You are killin' the 90's vibe. I think it's the chair. But seriously in love! And I am exactly like you, I love being busy and I enjoy alone time but sometimes I'm like "why am I not doing something? where's the adventure?" It's a nice change of pace sometimes.

    ReplyDelete