Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Perfect Fall Weekend









Do you ever have a weekend where you just feel like you just made the most of a season? I feel like I was winning at fall this weekend. In addition to pumpkin carving I baked all the fall things — pumpkin seeds, apple tart, apple pie, and meatloaf wrapped in bacon. On Saturday Jimmy and I went to see Nightscape at Longwood Gardens, a show where they project lights onto the trees and plants. It was the coolest experience. Everyone was walking around in a sort of shared trace. They had a Victory beer garden, so drink in hand we walked through the beautiful lights, completely mesmerized. It was hard to get great photos of it, but that's alright. It was honestly better to be immured in the experience. Sitting by a lake, drinking a beer, with my head on my boyfriend's shoulder, watching the lights dance across the trees  I don't think it gets much better than that!

7 comments :

  1. What a lovely weekend you had! Wish my weekends were as good as this one :) I love eating pumpkin seeds, they are so delicious! Beautiful photos xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasting pumpkin seeds! We did that when we made pumpkin soup recently but it was a little too salty. :C Sad.

    lesdeuxlapins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this really is the perfect fall weekend!! That apple tart is making me drool a little bit. And Nightscape looks really cool! They do something similar each winter at a nearby arboretum, and now I can't wait until that starts up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post brought such a smile to my face, so much fall in one weekend! :D Lovely photos Laura! :)

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun!!! I love pumpkin carving... and they smell so goood!
    http://dayinmydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know i'm a few days late, but the pumpkin you carved is EVERYTHING

    ReplyDelete