Monday, October 12, 2015

Pineapple Guacamole

Pineapple Guacamole recipe from Gimme Some Oven. This recipe combines the perfect mix of sweet, salty and my favorite thing - avocado. Though we're nearing the end of pineapple season, I strongly recommend making this recipe before it's too late!


Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
  • 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced*
  • 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple, plus extra for topping
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
  • Optional: 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
*I substituted sriracha for spice (to taste)


Half, de-pit and scoop out the avocados. (I actually have this handy little device my brother gave me as a joke. I really don't like kitchen products that only have one use, I find that they just add clutter to my apartment. This one I happen to really like though, it's great for getting that last bit of avocado out of the shell). Mash them with a fork. Make sure they're nice and ripe otherwise you'll end up bending a fork like my boyfriend and I did!


Add the onion, pineapple, jalapeno (or sriracha) and salt. Optional to add garlic, cilantro, or whatever you want. 



Serve with chips and enjoy!


26 comments :

  1. That looks delicious! Guac and pineapple are two of my favorite things. (:

    lesdeuxlapins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool and interesting recipe! Have to try this one out sometime
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! I've never tried guacamole with pineapple, it sounds interesting!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I love pineapple guac! Have you tried peach guac or mango guac? They're both equally delicious :)

    g.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but that sounds great! I love the combination of sweet, spicy and savory by adding the fruit :)

      Delete
  5. Seems sooo tasty!!

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious, I'll definitely try to make it!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh guacamole is definitely one of my favorite things to eat!! I never would have thought to put pineapple or sriracha sauce in it (I usually just use a dash of hot sauce) but will definitely try this out!

    Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe actually called for a jalapeno, but my grocery bag had a hole in it and I lost the pepper! I had to improvise, but it worked out for the best

      Delete
  8. This looks like the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! I'm excited to try it :)

    Ally
    Hustle & Whoa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh this looks delicious! I love guacamole and you can't beat homemade!

    http://chatterboxnewyork.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh this looks delicious! I love guacamole and you can't beat homemade!

    http://chatterboxnewyork.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of this, but it sounds fantastic! I am a big pineapple fan.

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh yum, looks delicious and just that little bit different! I reckon it would be so refreshing to have the pineapple in there, can't wait to give it a try! :)

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. whaaaaat this sounds amazing
    http://dayinmydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh this looks like such a cool recipe! I'm not a big avocado fan (controversial, I know), but maybe the pineapple could tempt me to eat more guac!

    Helen xx
    Hels Yeah! | Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um, this looks amazing (minus the onions) and I will definitely be recreating it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I've never heard of pineapple guac! It looks really good--especially with sriracha (my favorite)!

    moxandsocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love guacamole!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, great idea! Must try it!

    http://thegaragestarlets.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks refreshingly delicious! I'm sure the chilli sauce will add a nice kick to it. I always have it with almost everything I eat! Thanks for the share :)

    Jo x
    www.outlanderly.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so good! I e never made gucamole before, definitely want to try this recipe out, it looks so good! I like that pineapples are included as well, makes it a bit different!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks flipping delicious. I love that sweet and savory combination. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yum! guac is my favorite and I never would have thought to add pineapple

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never heard of this version of guacamole before it sounds kind of crazy but amazing! I have to try it!

    thriftylilpixie.com

    ReplyDelete