Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Weekend Snapshots














This weekend I was up in Syracuse visiting my boyfriend. We went apple picking at Beak & Skiff, which I highly recommend if you're in upstate NY. Not only can you eat all the apples you want while picking, they have a tavern where you can sample the apple wine and hard cider they make there. I went home with a couple bottles, I can't resist a dry hard cider! While out in the orchard, I got on my boyfriend's shoulders so we could reach the highest branches. On Sunday morning we made these bacon, egg and cheese cups and some apple pies using this recipe.

The Salvation Army in Syracuse is one of my favorite places to thrift. Jimmy, his two roommates and I all walked out of there with our arms filled with great things. I got a bunch of sweet clothes, including the denim skirt I'm wearing in these pictures. It has this cool little suede/snake skin detailing on the bottom that I love. The boys bought the cool hand-carved barrel that we filled with hot cider and whiskey and served in the little cups it came with. Overall it was a perfect fall weekend. 

17 comments :

  1. Looks like so much fun! I'm sad I missed apple picking this year (I hear there is not that many apples left by now) but I do hope to go to a pumpkin patch soon enough! ; )

    http://madelinemarieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a cool weekend! Oh my goodness, I would love to go apple picking! Those bacon, egg and cheese cups sounds like the best mix of ingredients! Hehe. Also, I totally noticed that hand-carved barrel when scrolling through the photos - so cool!

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it sounds like you had such a lovely weekend, I really want to go apple picking!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You too are so cute! I love your use of teamwork! (;

    Lesdeuxlapins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, looks like you two had a great weekend and apple picking sounds really fun! This makes me want to go back to NY so bad! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple pies look really delicious :) Sounds like you had really nice time! x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had so much fun this weekend. I would love to go apple picking.
    xoxo
    Ramona

    http://www.ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the first photo of you and automatically fell in love with you hair! Looks like you had a blast this weekend x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a really fun weekend - I could take a tray of those filled jacket potato looking things right now (it's breakfast time here but whatever)

    Amy - fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love !!!!

    TGS
    xoxo

    http://thegaragestarlets.com/2015/10/lines/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh looks like so much fun. so happy fall is here =) enjoy it!
    http://dayinmydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a lovely weekend, thank you for sharing :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures really captured the essence of fall! I've never gone apple picking, but it sounds like so much fun :-)

    moxandsocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pies look delicious, and your gallery has inspired me to go apple picking!
    xo
    Siffat
    icingandglitter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahh, I totally need to go apple picking soon. cute pictures!

    http://splitneedles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete