Monday, November 5, 2012

Being French in France








Halloween in Paris was completely surreal. I left London a day before schedule to take the train to Paris and stay with my old roommate and good friend Francesca. Grace was leaving London on Wednesday too, so it didn't make sense for me to be in London alone. I didn't really have time to get a costume together, so Francesca helped me decide last minute to dress like a frenchman. While in the grocery store to buy a baguette, someone asked Francesca (dressed as Frida Kahlo) if she was going to a party alone because they didn't think I was dressed up! Turns out French people actually dress like this. We went to a friend of Francesca's apartment before the party. All of her friends were so nice and alot of fun. After hanging out and being fed avocado by Francesca, we headed over to a Halloween party that had NYU students from all across Europe. The party took place in a beautiful apartment provided by NYU that put mine to shame. I spent the night feeding people baguettes, meeting people, taking over the music selection and of course dancing! I was lucky that my costume doubled as a snack! After the party Francesca and I went back to her apartment where she made us both pasta and we watched Parks and Rec until I fell asleep.

1 comment :