Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I amsterdam


Planning out where to go


















Amsterdam is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been. It's so charming with the dutch houses and canal lined streets! It was pretty cold, but I overpacked by alot, so I was warm under my three or so layers of sweaters. Plus I exclusively drank camomile tea to keep warm! We got to Amsterdam on Friday after three hours of sleep. We spend the first day wandering around trying to get to know our area. Chloe introduced us to the greatest gift in the world, speculoos - essentially nutella/peanut butter type spread, but made out of cookies. There were bikes everywhere! We talked about renting them, but it was way too cold. I immediately fell in love with the house boats located along the sides of the canals. They were spacious and had homey things like wood floors, bear skin rugs, plants and walls lined with book cases. At night Amsterdam looks like a gingerbread house! The bridges and streets along the water are lit up and it's really a sight!

No comments :

Post a Comment