Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Paris: Land of the crepes
















I've been under the weather since I got back from Fall Break which accounts for my brief hiatus. It's no surprise that the constant traveling, weather changing and hostels resulted in me not feeling well once I got back! I'm just happy it didn't happen while I was traveling. I went to the doctor today instead of going to class and got some medication. I feel better already and should be back to normal soon!

The day after Halloween was a lazy one spent eating crepes, using a spoon to drink the thickest hot chocolate I've ever seen, taking grass naps next to the Notre Dame, thrift shopping and eating more crepes. Francesca was a great tour guide since she took me to the interesting places, rather than the touristy onces. Plus she orders my food for me, which is my favorite thing. I met up with David at night and we had a relaxed night listening to music and talking. 

On Friday we woke up, went to the train station to make sure I could leave Paris and then had a lunch of crepes (surprise!). We tried to go to the Eifel tower, but ended up taking the train the wrong way and ended up in the suburbs of Paris. We ended up not going since we were already late to meet Francesca. We all went over to Leti's apartment a little late. David and I left for Pitchfork early since I really wanted to see Tallest Man on Earth. The metro didn't move for about 20 minutes so by the time we got there he was on his last song, which happens to be one of my favorites. I was bummed at the time, but it's just an excuse to see him again. Robyn was AMAZING. She's probably the coolest woman I've ever seen and her songs make me want to dance all night! I left kind of early since I had to make a train at 7:50 am.

Saturday was spent on the train. It was the perfect was to travel after a long trip since it was so relaxing. I got back to Florence around 5:30 pm and when I got in I received the best present - Chloe had made my bed (the worst part about coming back from vacation is putting new sheets on the bed when all you want to do is collapse in it) and left me a box of mac &cheese with the cutest note. I spent the night eating, watching tv and sleeping. On Sunday Chloe and I got delicious sandwiches, went food shopping and then we each bought socks. It's cooler in Florence now than when I left, but in comparison to other places it's still warm - low to mid 60's. Now that I'm back from fall break, I only have six weeks! I can't believe how fast this time has flown by!

No comments :

Post a Comment