Thursday, November 1, 2012

London calling
























I managed to make it to London, though for a short time it was debatable if it would happen. Traveling took a while, but since I didn't have much time I was determined to make the most of it. I dropped my stuff at the hostel and then got a delicious lunch of brie and cranberry sandwiches and tea made from steeped mint leaves. I went to the National Gallery, one of the main reasons I came to London and saw my three favorite paintings - The Ambassadors  The Arnolfini Portrait and Portrait of a Man in a Turban. I only saw half of the gallery on my first day because I knew I would go back at some point while I was in London and I wanted to take the time to appreciate everything I saw rather than rushing through it. Afterwards I went to the train station to book my train ticket so I didn't have a repeat incident. 

After all of that I met up with Jessie who goes to NYU Florence and her friend Christoph for an inexpensive chicken dinner and a beer. I tagged along with them to go to an ice bar which was SO COOL! We got to wear ponchos that made everyone look like Snow White. We were there for forty minutes, which was plenty of time because it got chilly! I've always wanted to do something like that and it was everything I thought it would be. I split up with them after to meet Grace at the hostel. I was exhausted from traveling and we went to bed early.

No comments :

Post a Comment