Friday, September 11, 2015

The Poconos




















I'm currently in the process of planning another trip to the Poconos and thought I'd share these photos from last year. We rented a cabin through Airbnb to accommodate our big group. Now that we're out of college, it's nice to have weekend getaways to catch up with those you don't see as often. Between school and jobs, it's hard to get everyone's schedules to line up, but we managed to last year. It was one of those weekends where everyone was together the entire time - talking walks down to the water, making meals for eight people, doing acroyoenjoying a few beverages and being silly. On Saturday we all loaded into my boyfriends pickup truck to go bowling. Everyone who was in the bed flung their bodies out of the truck when we got to the location, car sick from the drive. I don't remembered how we bowled, if I had to guess I would say not very well. I remember a piecemeal weekend (though that could be from the homebrewed beer) - my boyfriend and I wearing matching overalls, everyone in red flannels, playing games, running around, belting out lyrics to country songs, Chloe making her famous tater tot casserole, me falling asleep in the middle of cooking dinner. Being in the Poconos during fall is so nice with all the leaves changing, when it's not too cold. It was such a special weekend that I'm really adamant to do it again this year. 

6 comments :

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time, I loved your photos! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a blast!

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics. It looks like you guys all heard fun last year and I hope this year will be mega fun. Take care dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. The matching red flannel shirts are such a wacky idea haha

    Whatever Babe | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete