Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Made in America















Here is my photo diary from the Made in America music festival. I went both days and I'm so happy I did. Though it's A LOT to do two days, it was definitely worth it. I went with my roommate Chloe and friend from college, Becky. It was truly a marathon of trying to pace ourselves, while still rocking out to the bands we came to see. It was everything you expect out of a music festival: running into people you know in the most random places, sneaking in beer, dancing until our feet hurt, and enjoying the music.

 There were so many good performances - Modest Mouse, Banks, Big Sean, J.Cole, Nick Jones, Axwell & Ingrosso, just to name a few. But it's no surprise that Queen Bey takes the cake. Her performance was one of the best I've ever seen. She was running around, singing and dancing her butt off and still didn't break a sweat...I still have her music ringing in my ears. In addition to her new songs she also sang some of her old hits, circa Destiny's Child. It's clear she knows how to get the people going. In addition to being the most beautiful/talented/wonderful person, she also uses her influence to talk about feminism and female empowerment. Chloe and I waited until the sun went down to don our American flag leggings. In my opinion, the most perfect outfit for an American themed music festival featuring Queen Bey.

Monday we drove down to Atlantic City. We figured one last swim in the ocean was the perfect way to close out the summer. This weekend was my last hurrah until the end of September, when I go down to DC for Landmark. In the meantime, I have a lot on my plate and I am trying to handle the stress of spreading myself too thin. To be honest, I've been doing a terrible job so far - telling myself I can't do it and feeling like I'm going to cry at the most inappropriate times. I really need to take this time of stress to learn how to handle it better: be organized, take breaks, stop feeling like I have to do everything at once. As my brother always says, it'll build character! Though I'll probably be blogging less, check back for updates!

5 comments :

  1. It looks like you had a great time! I am loving your 6 pack...

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I love the Beyonce shirt <3

    http://madelinemarieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun, your photos are great!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah such an amazing weekend with you!

    ReplyDelete