Friday, September 4, 2015

Brooklyn Disposable









Dipping into the archives again for a post I never got around to publishing! I've mentioned before about how much I love disposable cameras. I just love how candid they are. I often look through them after getting them developed and think what was I doing?! But more often than not, I remember how fun it all was. Plus they always come out looking cool. 

These photos are back from when I lived in Brooklyn. They span a couple months, which explains why my hair is doing all sorts of things. The platinum blonde was from when I had to bleach green dye out of my hair so I could restore it to it's natural color before my cousin's wedding...nobody wants to be the bridesmaid that looks moldy. 

They also include Halloween featuring my favorite costume of all time - zombie Wayne and Garth. My boyfriend never fails to surprise me, so when he casually mentioned that "yeah, he was pretty good at Halloween makeup," we knew we had to cash in. Also featured in that Halloween was a runner up for favorite costumes - a bunch of bananas. There were about a dozen of us dressed as bananas and one as a gorilla who spent the night chasing us around. Here my boyfriend is shown being a cannibalistic banana eating his brethren.

These photos make me nostalgic for Brooklyn. Though at the time I living there, I sometimes felt cramped, those late nights spent at neighborhood bars or exploring the neighborhood was always the best. Friends would come visit just to go to the neighborhood beer garden, where we'd sit at the long tables and play games, inevitably consuming beer by the liter-full and taking these silly photos.

2 comments :

  1. You guys look so cool on the pics. Thanks for stopping by at my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look so cool on the pics. Thanks for stopping by at my blog today.

    ReplyDelete