Monday, September 21, 2015

Sundaze












One of my favorite parts about living in Philadelphia is how easy it is to get out of the city and into nature. Wissahickon Park is only a 15 minute drive from my apartment, so that's where you'll find me on a Sunday morning. Yesterday my boyfriend, roommate and I went to the Wissahickon for a little hike. Jimmy needed to collect plant specimens for a class, so we spent a couple hours getting a botany lesson from him and learning how to press plants. The Wissahickon is such a cool place because you immediately forget that you're just beyond the city. Every time I go hiking, I find new places to explore. It's a place that's filled with cool little things, like this statue we stubbled upon. I'm always the one trying to get us to go down to the water, leading us down a treacherous path to take off our shoes (and shirts) to cool off our feet in the water. Spending a beautiful day in the woods is always my favorite way to round out a great weekend.

This weekend in particular was one of reflection and humility. It's easy to get caught up in being stressed out sometimes, I know that this one of the things I really struggle with. This weekend I was overwhelmed with the love and support of people around me. I often forget when I'm going though something, that I am never alone. Knowing I have so many people cheering me on from the sidelines is truly a wonderful thing. So thank you to everyone who has supported me, I can't wait for what the future has in store! 



14 comments :

  1. love your blog! x

    http://www.iamnicrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like your day in the woods was really great! I can totally relate to getting caught up in being stressed out at times♥♥ I hope you are having a great day♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day! Nice photos.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to hike through. So lush and vibrant. I love that stone wall. The water looks so pure and clear. I'd jump right in myself! I find that a walk/hike through nature can be quite therapeutic, which reminds me I should get out and hike more. I'm glad you have the support of wonderful people to aide you in your times of stress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's only 15 minutes from your place?! That's so wonderful, I'd love to be surrounded by nature like that. I actually just came back from visiting a friend in Vancouver and it blew my mind how close the mountains were to the city. It was just 20 minutes from the city and you were lost in wildness. So. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to have this so close by. I wish I had nature like this for a backyard. Like proper, decent nature. It would so help in clearing ones mind. I too get overly stressed these days and have a very hard time releasing myself from it

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun!

    thriftylilpixie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this hiking trail looks beautifully breathtaking! I love being in nature. It's so relaxing!


    Love,
    Sherry Lou
    http://www.sherryloustudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great place to adventure! I wish summer would never stop.

    xoxoBella | http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these photos - and your blog! So glad I found it! :). That statue is so cool and I love those photos from under the bridge! Hiking is so much fun, nature is the best way to disconnect and decompress a bit :D

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete