Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Levis and Bikes




Shirt: Urban Outfitters//Levis: Thrifted//Platform sneakers: Forever 21

These pictures were taken this past weekend, riding around town with Chloe. I've been obsessed with these Levis since I spotted them at the thrift store. There snug in all the right places, but still feel relaxed. I don't know know why, but something about light denim with a flowy top screams weekend outfit to me. I picked up this crop from Urban Outfitters a couple weeks ago. It has quickly become a staple in my wardrobe. I love that it has the extra special detail of an  open back. Perfect for biking around town in the summer time.

I got a new bike immediately after moving to Philadelphia, having purposely left my old one in Brooklyn. I bought this hunter green Free Spirit on Craigslist and I think it suits me well. Philly is really accessible by bike, there are bike lanes on many of the major roads. With all of that being said, there are still huge dangers about biking in any city. I've found that drivers aren't automatically aware of bikers. I've had a couple close calls, despite my attempts to be overly wary. Unfortunately, there are just those nasty people that will always try to run you off the road or scream at you even though you're doing nothing wrong. Being a biker has made me extra cautious when it comes to being in vehicles, always checking my mirror before opening doors and always looking before I turn. What's biking in your cities like?

Disclaimer: I ALWAYS wear a helmet, and strongly believe everyone should. I took it off for these photos because FASHUN.





17 comments :

  1. Wow I really love these photos! Your shirt is really cute too ; )

    http://madelinemarieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great jeans! I have a friend who lives in Philly and was in a biking accident not too long ago ;( I still want to get a bike but would definitely be weary of drivers...I still am cautious of people when I'm driving my car haha.

    http://splitneedles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jeans! and cute photos.

    http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit! :-)

    chatterboxnewyork.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty photos! x

    http://www.iamnicrose.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Biking in my city sounds just like yours. Definitely have to be extra cautious even when doing the right thing. Love your cute bike though and your outfit is perfect for the weekend! I do love that top and you are right the open back is a nice detail

    Rebecca
    http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/default.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeans and a tee are total weekend wear! Love your green bike
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Levis are such a great find and they fit you so perfectly. Great outfit. As a driver myself, I try to be careful about bikers (I drive like a grandma anyway) but I know A LOT of drivers here in my city have this "I hate bikers" mentality and are very care less when making turns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here it's sort of a mix - I live in a college town so everyone is irresponsible! Luckily I don't work on campus (anymore), so I only need to drive around there when I go to pick up my partner. Cars don't pay attention, bicyclists go on the sidewalk, road, wrong way down the road, don't wear helmets... and pedestrians are awful as well. Basically undergrads in general are awful (I say this lightly, no offense to any undergrads meant).

    Anyway, I love how simple that shirt is in the front, but that the back has an interesting cut! Would work well for layering with a dress underneath or a sweater on top.

    Les Deux Lapins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those jeans are so perfectly faded--I love them!

    As far as biking goes, I live in Chicago, and it's not really bike-friendly. Whenever I get a chance, though, I try to hit up a good trail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You slay the look dear I always like lighter colour levis too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prelijepoo..

    new blogpost :

    www.ertancic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit!! Great pictures!!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos! I like your jeans♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always amazed at the folk who don't wear helmets - I'm a pretty observant driver but you never know what could happen! Seems similar to not wearing a seatbelt in the car... Love your biking outfit, excellent luck finding jeans that fit so well! :)

    ReplyDelete