Tuesday, September 1, 2015

So Long Summer








This past weekend I went to visit my boyfriend in Syracuse. He's starting his last year of school, so this weekend was a clear demarcation of summer's end. Now that I have a job and have less of a "summer," it was weird to be involved in catch up conversations learning what people did for the past couple months, since I didn't have much of a response myself.

It was one of those perfect end of the summer weekends  driving to go hiking with the windows down, blasting the Avett brothers, wearing our bathing suits under our clothes, stripping down to cool our bodies in a waterfall, ice dyeing some thrift store finds, and having one too many beers on the front porch. I wish weekends were always like this, mornings spent eating the peanut butter chocolate chip waffles my boyfriend makes me, our days dictated by whatever we feel like doing. Though I am actually taking a class at the Community College this semester, I find that I am still nostalgic for the back to school feeling. I guess I'll have to settle for weekends of pretending I'm still in college...oh well!

No comments :

Post a Comment