Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Brussels//Part 2

























Photo-bombin

Day two in Brussels was just as fun as the first, also as weird. We woke up around 11 and wandered around looking for a place to eat brunch. We ended up in the financial district where everything was closed and wandered around for about two hours. We ended up making a giant loop and just eating down the street from the hostel. After brunch we went to the room for a minute and without ever discussing it all of us got into our beds and fell asleep. I found this hilarious because if anyone had suggested napping we all would have said "this is our only full day in Brussels, we shouldn't waste it." After about an hour of much needed sleep we headed to *drum roll please*.....MINI EUROPE! It combines all of my favorite things - quirky, tourist, architecture and little. It is exactly what it sounds like. It looks like a mini golf course for the most part and has all of the major monuments that countries in the EU have to offer, but in miniature form. It was weird though...why, just why? I've decided that due to the over 100 photos I took, I am going to dedicate a whole post to it (later). There are just too many pictures to put in one blog post, but there are a couple preview shots in this one. We got to see the atomium, but we didn't go in it due to time restrictions. Instead we got to eat waffles with chocolate sauce, proabably better.

For dinner we went into the old city and went to a restaurant Chloe found called Chez Léon. Chloe and I had been talking about moules frites, mussels with fries, since the plane ride. The entire table got mussels and they were so, SO good. I got mine with white wine sauce. The mussels were fresh and the fries were never-ending. We split a bottle of wine and spent several hours eating, joking and digesting. Afterwards we went over to the Grand Place (which I actually put pictures of in Brussels part 1) which I recognized from mini Grand Place! We took pictures and wandered around for a while, stopping in at a souvenir shop and going to a couple chocolate shops. In the souvenir stores they sell so many statues of manneken pis, which were the worst. I got a mini atomium for my curio cabinet though. We headed to bed early since we had to get up at seven, it was also pretty chilly which I wasn't used to! Timing worked out well because we got back to Florence around two which gave us alot of the day to do work, or in my case watch tv in bed. Brussels was a lot of fun, but it really is a strange place. The group I traveled with was so laid back and easy going! I couldn't have found a better travel group. Stay tuned for more Mini Europe! 


No comments :

Post a Comment