Monday, October 29, 2012

Berlin//Part 2





















On day two we slept late since we got in so late. Jessica, David and I went into the center to look for pants for David and then planned to meet up with Amy and Sandra. We stopped in to get curry wurst and who do we see but the very people we were supposed to meet elsewhere! Curry wurst is sooo good and absolutely everywhere in Berlin. It's not just a food, it's a life style.  I'm exclusively using curry ketchup now, no exceptions. We were all still tired and knew we couldn't get too many sights in, so we took a bus tour. It was a really good idea. Since I have been to Berlin before it was more like a refresher course. When we got to the train station I stopped in to see about a train ticket for the next day, turns out they were all sold out! That was kind of a mess, but it all worked out in the end. 

After we went back to the apartment and spent time getting warm under the covers, listening to music and being silly. We met up with friends from NYU at Berliner Marcus Brau for some beer and an old-fashioned German meal. I got wiener schnitzel with eggs on it. Last time I was in Berlin I was a vegetarian, so this trip was my opportunity to make up for meat dishes I didn't try. The meals in Germany do not disappoint. When it's bitter cold out, there's nothing like a big plate of meat and potatoes to warm your body. We went to bed early since we all had to wake up early.

On another note hurricane Sandy is currently hitting the areas where many of my loved ones live. I hope everyone stays safe and is ok! I'm sure everyone has stocked up on supplies and looking forward to staying in for the next two days. Be safe!

No comments :

Post a Comment