Thursday, October 25, 2012

Brussels//Mini Europe









Failing to take a picture where it looks like we like each other



Ringing the tiny doorbell





The Pisa group (minus one)







The card I got in my email later

There's no way I couldn't dedicate a whole post to Mini Europe. It's probably the strangest, silliest place I've been. For one thing the mascot in an orange turtle. It's located at the foot of the Atomium. All of the buildings are on a scale of 1:25 and it's incredible how much work goes into every detail. One of the silliest things that the park has to offer is a button in front of every monument that plays the national anthem of that country. There is a ferris wheel that spins, Mount Vesuvius erupts, a bull fight happens and a space ship takes off! It's definitely an experience I recommend to anyone visiting Brussels. I was most excited to see the monuments I'm going to visit in real life this week.

I finished my midterms yesterday and my fall break starts tomorrow. It seems insane that I had four days of class and I'm off again. This will be the longest trip I'm taking and I'm both nervous (mostly for packing) and excited! I feel like I barely got time to breathe while I was in Florence this week and already I'm leaving again! Wish me luck on my adventures and be on the look out for pictures, I'm going some exciting places! (Though no where as exciting as mini europe!)


No comments :

Post a Comment