Monday, September 3, 2012

T.G.I.M.


Store bought tortellini and pesto - everything tastes better in Italy

 I never in my life thought I would wake up thinking "thank God it's monday." I'm pretty sure no one has ever thought that before. This morning is the exception. I couldn't wait to get up to campus and start a week of classes. Part of it is probably because classes are only four days a week. I still have two I haven't been to! This semester I am taking intensive intermediate Italian, Cultures and Contexts: Italy (a gen ed requirement for NYU), a drawing class and Early Masters of Renaissance Painting. The campus is just so beautiful and classes have been great so far. I couldn't resist posting more pictures of the picture-perfect grounds. 

I booked my trips for the month of September today! I have some exciting ones coming up, so pretty soon my pictures won't just be Florence (not that anyone would mind an entire blog dedicated to the beautiful city). Since getting my bus pass I've been taking it more than I've wanted to. Usually in the mornings it has been raining and today after class I had to rush downtown to book one of my trips before the place closed. Hopefully the rain will stop soon and I can resume my walking. Strolling around is usually when I stumble upon the hidden wonders of Florence. It's the most amazing feeling turning a corner and being hit over the head with a beautiful statue, church or building. I can't even begin to count how many times I've said "oh! I've learned about that in art history!" I'm looking forward to sight-seeing on nights when I don't have too much work to do. The school gave everyone museum cards that allow you to get into any museum for free! I haven't been to the David yet (shame on me), but my roommates said that they skipped the line by having the card. I couldn't be more excited. 










There's even a campus cat! I have decided he is male and I have also decided to name him Nano. Clever, no? Who would have thought that I would find an Italian dopple-ganger of Nanu! I've never met an Italian cat before, I must say I was intimidated. Got to learn Italian cat commands before the next time I go on campus so I can impress him. There are signs on the building that say "do not let in the cat."



Where I made my phone calls today

Whoops! My hair got in this one, too beautiful to not post though!


It's probably no surprise to anyone that I watched Italian cooking shows yesterday. I know enough about food to get the gist of what's going on. I also have a pretty good basis of Italian food which helps too. It's a great way to not only learn Italian dishes, but more vocabulary too. NYU offers cooking classes starting soon. I can't wait!

I Menu di Benedetta


No comments :

Post a Comment