Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloweekend










I have to say, I love Halloween weekend (Halloweekend). I always welcome the opportunity to dress up. This year Chloe and I decided to go to my hometown of Montclair, NJ for a couple days. It was nice to catch up with my parents. It's always funny being home now that I'm an adult and asking my dad if he can drive us to the bar. On Friday I went as the Log Lady (RIP) and Chloe as dead Laura Palmer. We were surprisingly recognized by people at the bar we went to! Hilariously I looked so different with a wig and glasses on that one of my good friends didn't even recognize me. On Saturday we woke up early to drive to Storm King, an outdoor sculpture garden just over the border in New York State. I included a couple photos here, but I have more coming up! It was the perfect weather and we were constantly yelling about how gorgeous everything was. We got back on Saturday with just enough time to take a little disco nap, with Heathers on in the background. We dressed as Veronica Sawyer from Heathers, pre and post explosion. It was a costume that we had to explain to most people, but those who got it were stoked about it. We went to a party in Bushwick, croquet mallets in tow, saying our favorite lines from the movie: "what's your damage?" and "how very." What'd you all dress as?

7 comments :

  1. Those costumes are rad! And that outdoor sculpture is a trip. Thanks for sharing your Halloweekend. I love the east coast scenery.
    www.streetmadonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fab Halloween weekend! Those sculptures look so cool as well, looking forward to seeing some more :)

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloweekend! Haha, that's awesome! Sounds like a really nice weekend, must have been nice to be home! :)

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your Halloweekend. I love the east coast scenery.

    http://www.pinkqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sculpture garden sounds awesome! I'll have to add it to the list for when I'm back in NY. And I love your Heathers costume!! I was going to be a ghost (with the classic bedsheet and all) but then found a monkey onesie. Onesies are my favourite things everrrrr and I was so comfy all night that it was definitely worth the switch.
    xx, Pia

    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was home this weekend I actually grabbed all my onesies from my parents house and brought them back to my apartment. I own 6...seriously the best!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a lovely Halloween weekend! I love your costumes :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete