Thursday, November 12, 2015

Throwback






I found this unpublished post in the draft section of my blog. I thought I would share it because it shows how far I've come in two years. When I wrote this post I was dyeing my hair all sorts of crazy colors, running around Brooklyn and getting ready for my last year of college. It shows my nervousness about where I would be after college. Well I never thought I would be living in Philadelphia, working at an architecture firm and planning my future. I no longer have that bike or that hair. In a way I am so far removed from that person, but I also share a lot of the same hesitancy and hope for the future. I'm in the process of making some pretty big changes in my life (more on that later) and I feel like I still have all the same questions that I had the summer before senior year. 

1 & 2. Playing around on my balcony in Brooklyn with Katherine and Nanu
3. Changing up my hair color
4. Lunch in Brooklyn with Katherine at s'Nice
5. My new bike

Summer is coming to an end, but I'm not going to accept that willingly. I still have another week before I start my final year at school. Though I'm trying to not shit a brick about life after college, I'm excited for all the things this year will have in store! I'm looking forward to ending summer right - that means picnics, bike rides (check out my new bike), belly-showing crop tops, late-nights, and hopefully at least one more trip to the beach. Speaking of crop tops, how cool is this one from American Apparel? Katherine got it for free while she was working there because it was actually printed upside down. We both agree we like it better this way. She ended up giving it to me because she knew I would wear it more and I have been!
While I am sad that summer is coming to an end, I keep repeating the mantra "change is good," (like in the case of my purple hair). There are a lot of things I'll be giving up, but in exchange for new and exciting things!

5 comments :

  1. You really rock those hair colors! And this is the exact reason why I like blogging -- it gives you a chance to reflect on the person you were, are, and might never be again. It's strange and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Its always so much fun finding things from the past that you might have long since forgotten. It gives you a chance to reflect and see just how far you have come. Love the photos and the purple hair looks so great!! xx

    Jamie
    http://lovejayx.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocking the colour hair!! love it

    http://xoxobella.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you posted this, so cool to see how much has changed! Absolutely crazy, so awesome that you stumbled upon it! :)

    Raashi
    http://raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cool to see how you've changed! I'm always surprised to look at the me of the past - me my senior year of college and me now are completely different!

    lesdeuxlapins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete