Friday, March 21, 2014

SPBK 14












Even though it's Spring Break (my last one mind you), I was not able to jet off to some exotic locale. I'm kicking myself for taking an actual work load! (I didn't get the memo that second semester seniors have enough on their plates and should probably just take a few classes...and not have an internship). The upside was that for my upcoming paper I got assigned Alfred Barnes, which gave me an excuse to spend a couple days in Philly. I got to see Katherine and my brother, in addition to eating my weight in delicious food! I picked up some moccasins for only four bucks. I've always wanted a pair, but for some reason it just never happened. I get why people wear them all the time, they're basically just socially acceptable slippers.

For my birthday Katherine got me a pair of Free People velvet overalls, paid for my ticket to the Barnes Foundation, and picked up a used copy Liar's Club by Mary Karr. What can I say, the girl gets me. On Wednesday morning we stopped by Federal Donuts, hands down my favorite place to go in Philly. I mean, where else can you get fresh gourmet donuts and some chicken? Our next stop was the Barnes Foundation, which was unlike anything I have ever really seen. My eyes couldn't stay focused on one spot for long. After about three hours I had everything I needed for my paper and we were simply over-saturated with art. The perfect cure - tacos with a side of mac and cheese...yes please!

 On Thursday morning before my bus back we met up with my brother at Sabrina's Cafe located in a converted old house in West Philly. I ate a mountain of stuffed french toast with bananas, the perfect meal before heading back to Brooklyn.

Anyway, I'll be spending the weekend libing la vida loca and cursing everyone who will be in class on Monday morning with a tan. More pictures of my new overalls to come!

No comments :

Post a Comment