Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving moments














I'm sure I don't need to explain my absence to anyone reading this, the handful of you that do (hi mom!). The holidays are a time where we are forced to put down our laptops because we're usually double fisting plates of food, preferably in the form of meat and cheese. I wanted to share with you a couple snaps from the last couple weeks. I attended my cousin's wedding (more pictures and a better description to come) which was unbelievable. Thanksgiving is no doubt my favorite holiday. Last year I spent my Thanksgiving in Italy cooking dinner for friends. Despite it being hard to find Thanksgiving ingredients in Italy (I had to swap out chicken for turkey), it was one of my best Thanksgivings to date. This year the highlights of my (count 'em three) Thanksgivings was buying cheese by the pound for mac and cheese, my mother's seemly magic ability of being able to fit a large number of people in a small space, my brother's brussels sprouts, and going from house to house bundled up in the cold with my boyfriend. Trying to fit multiple families into one day meant a tight schedule, fun times and beyond full bellies. In between traveling and holiday craziness I was all about my moment to sit and relax, preferably by the fire. I hope you all are enjoying the upcoming merriness that begins with my favorite holiday! I'm back in my apartment, bundled up under the covers, excited for more winter cheer!


No comments :

Post a Comment