Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Sandwiches: Smorgasburg
















This was actually two sundays ago...but who's counting? Anyway...on this particular Sunday Chloe and I went to DUMBO in search of two things: puppies and good food. We spent a while "awwing" all of the dogs in their various costumes. I've included numerous pictures to satisfy your cuteness craving. I like picturing the interactions how they would be if they were not costumes, like a shark sniffing a dinosaur. 

After we got our puppy fix, we headed down to the water in search of food. I've been to Smorgasburg in Williamsburg a couple times and now know the best way to navigate it - do a lap and make note of what you want to eat, then go back to two or three places. Too often have I bemoaned the choice currently in my hand, seeing a stand I didn't know existed and wishing I had made a different choice...I'm very particular about my food stand choices. I like things with cheese and/or slow-cooked meat, preferably on a stick or in the form of a dumpling. 

I ended up getting a turducken sandwich with slow-cooked turkey, foie gras, chicken sausage and pickled vegetables, a corndog made from chorizo on a stick covered in cornbread batter, and infused lemonade. I think it's clear that when it comes to my love of all things food, I don't mess around. One reason I love Smorgasburg is the unspoken commitment by vendors and food-lovers alike to go all out. To make a sandwich with everything on it, then to eat it without guilt.

 This is my last post with blue/green hair! I'm currently in the process of dying it back to a normal color. Right now it's kind of a mess and forces me to wear a hat when in public, but it should be back to a recognizable color soon.




4 comments :

  1. the turducken sandwich sounds pretty intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look perfect here, love your hair so much <3
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!! Your hair is soo cool!

    You live in brooklin?? thats great! ive always wanted to go to new york! only step on it on my way to west coast :D

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Of course we can follow each other! Id love to keep in touch! Let me know if you follow me and I will follow you right back :D

    And what about other social media? That way I won't miss a thing!


    Facebook / Instagram /Twitter / Chicisimo

     - Hannah's Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog! Your pics are so awesome too. That is so cool youre in Brooklyn. It doesn't look as bad as media tries to portray... LOL Boo to this being the last post with blue hair!! Well, that is unless you are changing it to something even better! LOL Make sure you take pics and let us know what you decide to do!

    I am a new follower of yours ,would love it if you checked my page out too!

    Rica xx
    www.LaBellaVitax0x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete