Monday, February 3, 2014

Recipe: Buffalo Cheese Dip


I hope you all enjoyed watching the Superbowl yesterday! I was rooting for Seattle, so I don't have too much to complain about, but it's always more entertaining when it's a close game. I have to be honest, I was pretty disappointed in the commercials. Though I'm not even going to pretend I didn't cry during the puppy/horse budweiser commercial, I know I'm not the only one. Other than the commercials, I'm all about the food. Chloe made the most delicious vegetarian buffalo cheese dip and I'm very excited to share the recipe with you! Since it was just the two of us, we decided to have a fully vegetarian spread. The rice in the dip is to replace any meat and it adds substance. I always like having veggie dips in my arsenal, because when they're this good no one is going to care that there's no meat! 




Buffalo Cheese Dip
Serves 4-6 people

What you need:
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (about a cup of uncooked rice)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup buffalo sauce (more in my opinion)
1 cup shredded cheese 

What to do:
1.
Melt cream cheese and ranch dressing together in a sauce pan

2. Add and stir in about a third of the cheese
3. Add buffalo sauce and stir until thoroughly mixed together
4. Stir in the cooked rice and the rest of the cheese
5. Serve hot with tortilla chips!

Something I learned while documenting this, it's pretty hard to take a picture of dip and have it look appetizing. Though dip is probably one of the best party foods, it's not great to look at. Rest assured that though this dip isn't winning any beauty contests, it's oh so addicting. I recommend making a big bowl for guests, then strategically planting yourself next to it so you can subtly eat it all. Or if you're not as food-sneaky as I am, maybe just eat a bunch while you're making it before guests come over to judge you.






No comments :

Post a Comment