Monday, February 17, 2014

Bringing Human Rights Home









*Note: Pictures are a combination of some I took and some from the internet

A couple weeks ago Chloe and I went to the Amnesty International's Bringing Human Rights Home Concert at the Barclay's Center. Talk about a star-studded event! Performances by Cake, Imagine Dragons, BLONDIE (let me tell you something, Debbie Harry can still shake it), and so many more not to mention speeches by Susan Sarandon, Madonna and Pussy Riot! Between the speeches, stories, and music there was passion everywhere! The crowd was fired up to shout for their favorite artists and just as loud yell about injustices all around our world. I had been feeling burnt out, probably a combination of the cold weather and being a senior without a plan. This was just the thing to light a fire under my bum. It opened my eyes and urged one important message, change. The next week I got an internship with Environment NY, where I'm excited to be part of something important, even if it is just behind the scenes. I've finally gotten the motivation I need to push me into spring and eventually accept some much needed change.




No comments :

Post a Comment