Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Because of the YOLO






Furry jacket//thrifted, sweater//billabong, jeans//f21

The title for this post came from a story a friend told me once as dictated by her mother who came home to find her daughter and friends putting their faces in bowls of milk. Turns out they had taken turns macing each other, which according to her mother was "because of the YOLO." I got this shirt from my friend Katherine who bought it down the shore and knew I would wear it more. How could I say no to a polo YOLO shirt?

So about this coat...I didn't buy it the first time I saw it because a friend remarked that it made me look like an old lady. It was only about four dollars, so next time I saw it I didn't pass it up. I regretted not getting it because I'm into anything that makes me look like a fluffy green giant.

These pictures were taken in Williamsburg. Chloe, Kong, and I went to the Brooklyn brewery, followed by way too much karaoke, and dancing at one of my favorite spots - Home Sweet Home. I like going there for dancing because they play old school jams. When I was there the other night they started with 60s and worked their way through the decades. Sometimes you just have to jump around while singing "Girls just want to have fun," (which Kong refused to dance to because he's a wet blanket)...oh well, YOLO!

2 comments :

  1. I'm so glad to see the "POLO YOLO" shirt getting some exposure...and that coat is amazing, I think it's more cozy Betty Draper than "grandma."

    ReplyDelete
  2. wet blanket is my favorite term ever

    ReplyDelete