Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hidden Gems





My favorite part about the city is the hidden gems that catch you by surprise. For one of my classes I had to visit a medieval cathedral and I chose this one up near Columbia University. It's a massive cathedral that doesn't reveal itself until you turn the corner. This beautiful church is akin to the beautiful medieval churches I've been studying pictures of in Europe.  I feel like I take advantage of living in the city by not exploring. Between school and being lazy, it's hard to get the motivation to go out in search of all the places New York has to offer. I'm sure I've walked by so many beautiful spots because I have my headphones on and my eyes down. Maybe now that it's spring I'll take the time to walk slower and look around.


No comments :

Post a Comment