Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekend Happenings








I was in Upstate New York this past weekend, so these are actually from the Sunday before. Chloe and I decided to continue our tradition of Sunday Sandwiches with a trip to City Sub in Park Slope. We took our bikes there since it seems like we'll only have a short time before it gets too cold to ride. I got a spicy sandwich with chipotle chicken and pepper jack. The sandwiches were all super simple, but oh so good!  

In other news, WE GOT A BUN! (Well, technically Chloe got a bun). His name is Olive and we adopted him two weekends ago from a pet shelter in Harlem. One thing I'm really adamant about is pet adoption. With so many unwanted pets already in the world, I don't see how people can spend so much money to get animals from breeders or places like Petco. The volunteer at the shelter spent so much time teaching us about bun care, something I'm sure wouldn't happen at a super chain. When we were picking out a bun, it seemed impossible to take home any amount under ten. If I had my way I would be living in a sea of buns, but obviously we only got one. Olive is a perfect fit to our apartment. He's super curious and the interactions between him and lil cat are completely hilarious.

You might be asking yourself what I'm sitting with in Prospect Park. This dreaded blob's name is Marley (too cute!) She was wearing a rasta collar and it was her birthday! Her owners were playing soccer and she kept running up to our blanket and rolling around, exposing her belly to be scratched. Her owners would call her name and she would start to run to them, only to fake them out and come back to us. At times it was hard to tell which end was which! Surprisingly she didn't smell at all!





1 comment :

  1. looks like you had a great time! that bunny is so cute <3

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete