Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Paris Photo Diary






















It’s hard to believe that Paris was already weeks ago, I feel like I was just there. I already missing sitting with Ella on one side of the table - facing the street, people watching and drinking café au lait. Where coffee to go doesn’t exist, people are forced to sit down while getting their caffeine fix. The pace of life isn’t so much slower, but the mentality of taking time for oneself seems to be. People watching in Paris is wonderful, my favorite people to see were well-dressed men carrying bouquets of flowers and beautiful French women on bikes wearing high heels and beautiful outfits, looking sweatless and effortless in a way I can only dream. There are little places all along the Seine to explore - chalkboards, tipis, greenhouses made out of old cargo containers - places for people to stop and explore; to sit with families or by themselves, listening to nearby music. Many of these pictures were taken sitting at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower. It is such a peaceful, serene place – also another great people watching spot. I could, and did, spend hours there. In all of the pictures, Ella and I are either laughing or grinning from ear-to-ear (Aaaah, gay Paree). I have so many photos from Paris, I never wanted to put my camera down - I tried to capture things in film so my fleeting memory wouldn't forget them as I get older.


1 comment :