Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunday Sandwiches




As you may remember from Italy, Chloe and I had the tradition of waking up late on Sundays and going out to get sandwiches. We missed it and realized that we didn't need to stop our tradition just because we left Italy! There is a block in the West Village nicknamed sandwich alley that offers a bunch of new places for us to try, and it also gives us the chance to explore our new neighborhood. First up - Murray's Cheese Shop. A cute, slightly expensive, specialty store (there are display cases packed with meats and cheeses). I ordered the Dude - short ribs, onion jam, horseradish mayo and comte. Yum! It was a deceptive amount of food, but left me full for hours. It was a great way to start Superbowl Sunday. I went to an apartment in Harlem to watch it with some pizza and beer. I was rooting for the Ravens, so needless to say I was happy with the outcome!

No comments :

Post a Comment