Monday, April 11, 2016

Exciting News!



I am happy to share here that I will be moving to Syracuse in June to pursue my Masters of Architecture at Syracuse University. I have had a long-standing interest in architecture, but sometime last year it became clear that this is what I wanted to do with my life. I exhausted myself studying for the GRE, taking a class at the local community college and working a full work-week. I poured everything I had into those applications and was beyond pleased when I started receiving acceptances. I have been waiting to let you all know until I was absolutely certain where I would be going. There is still a lot up in the air, but things are moving forward. My boyfriend and I, after three years of long distance, will finally be moving in together! We just signed a lease for the cutest house. I cannot wait to build a home together!


Last weekend I went to New York City with my group of lady friends. Walking around the Village, I was so nostalgic for my time at NYU. Some time on the subway ride between Manhattan and my old neighborhood in Brooklyn (where I lived my senior year), I came to the realization that I had wished away the time. I had been so set on graduating college and moving to Philadelphia, that I had completely taken my last months for granted. I told myself that even though I cannot wait to move into my new home with my boyfriend, I will be leaving so much behind. I live with my best friend, in the same city as my brother, I love my job and I will truly miss all the friends I have made in Philadelphia. I do not want to wish away the little time I have here. Instead, I am going to make every moment of it. Not rainchecking on plans because I'm tired. I'll be making the effort to see people and do all the things I want to do in Philadelphia!




 

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on the acceptance and the move! My parents are big Syracuse basketball fans and I have family that live in Utica. Upstate NY is so beautiful.

    http://www.insearchofsheila.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, congratulations!!! You sounds like you have worked hard for it, so it is so well deserved - and exciting! Although it will be a massive change, I hope it all comes together well and you enjoy it! :)

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete