Saturday, April 23, 2016

Weekend Warrior













Jeans: Lucky Brand, body suit: American Apparel, boos; Lucky Brand, sunnies: UO

These photos were taken last weekend after I ran my first (!) 5k. It was a total last minute thing where I subbed in for someone who dropped out. I'm not a runner (like...at all) but I've been working out a lot lately and I thought I would try it. A race is honestly something I never thought I would do. My only goals were to run the whole time and to make it under 40 minutes. By the time I reached the finish line I was so proud of myself because I had not only completed my two goals, but I had done something I never thought I was capable of. It was a truly wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Iced coffee in hand, Chloe and I decided to spend the day wandering around Old City. We checked out a flea market, since I'm constantly on the look for things to decorate my new home. Old City is one of the coolest areas of Philadelphia. The cobblestone streets, old row houses, it feels like you stepped into another time. We walked through the narrow streets, pointing out houses we would buy if money was no object. Have a good one, all you weekend warriors!

2 comments :

  1. Wow! Congratulations on your 5K! That's an amazing thing to complete, especially since you weren't doing any proper training!!! These photos are awesome by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay go you! Congrats on the 5K!I love your top here :)

    ReplyDelete