Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Resolutions


















Last Sunday my boyfriend, roommate and I hopped a fence to explore some abandoned train tracks in Philadelphia, just down the street from where I live. I pass under them at least twice a day, but have never gone up there. We were immediately met by the cutest little kittens! The light was absolutely spectacular and it was beautiful seeing my daily views from a new perspective.

Usually I like the idea of resolutions and a new start to the year. Not so much "new year, new me", but being able to reset the clock on things. Letting go of regrets, guilt  all of that was last year. In the past I've tried to make resolutions that seem realistic  instead of "do yoga 5 times a week," choosing the resolution "become more flexible." 

This year I have so much on my plate and so much up in the air, I didn't see how I could make any realistic resolutions. For a while I thought I would just skip it this year, but this trip to the tracks changed my mind about that. Instead, I've decided to make my resolution to keep a wanderlust mindset. So here's to hopping fences, driving for hours and hours, exploring new places, going on adventures often and finally, keeping my mind and heart open to anything that may happen. Did you guys make any resolutions?

9 comments :

  1. Wow! These photos are fantastic! And I really like your resolution too...that's something I always try to keep in mind too. Be as open to opportunities as possible and experience life. :)

    -Lindsey
    have-clothes-will-travel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are truly amazing! And I love your resolutions. I will take a year for adventures when I finish uni :) Thank you for sharing and may the next year be the best one so far for you :) xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com/2016/01/what-happened-in-2015-and-my-2016-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun resolutions! Being too rigid can lead to disappointment, but being wanderlust is probably both a good idea and something that you can accomplish :) And, Philly? I'm from New Hope (currently in Colorado). Beautiful photos! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I love New Hope, I used to go there all the time with my dad. I was just there a couple months ago and scored some awesome antiques. I hear Colorado is gorgeous though :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't made any resolutions but set some goals to myself, which will make me less stressed :) I hope you will manage to do all the things you want and have an amazing year!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard anyone make a resolution to keep a wanderlust mindset, but it's genius and inspiring! I have a strong tendency to kind of stay in my own personal bubble, but breaking out and experiencing life is such a good idea.

    Also, those kittens are adorable and I wish I could take them home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving these photos! Looks like such an interesting place!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think wanderlust is a great ideal to go by in 2017 - I'm a similar story, I want to make sure I see as much of the world as I possibly can :)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool location! xx

    www.blancheneve.com

    ReplyDelete