Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Real-life Mermaid







I realized that this is the first time I'm posting my blue/green hair on my blog! It's been this way for a couple weeks already and I'm in love! When I was dying it blue, I ran out of dye so put some leftover purple on the ends. It turned into this cool ombre with every color of the sea. I've gotten several comments about looking like a mermaid so needless to say, my dreams have come true. My favorite interaction was a girl outside a bar, grabbing it and yelling "real-life mermaid!"

These pictures were taken the other night after hanging out a friend's apartment in the financial district. Natalie and I are laughing in all of them because Chloe insisted on paparazzing us by taking pictures of us while she was walking by nonchalantly or else hiding behind pillars to get a pic. Truth be told, she would make a terrible paparazzi...she's too tall and lanky to ever be able to get a sneaky shot. That's ok, I'm sure she has other life aspirations.

Now that it's fall, I've been trying to layer in ways where I won't be freezing or drenched in sweat. This is still the awkward transition time where it's chilly early and late, but during the daytime hours I'm usually running around and trying not to sweat on everything/one. Kimonos have been my go-to for preventing the perspiration that will eventually render me friendless. I got this one for five bucks at H&M, such a good find!


1 comment :