Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pool Shark










Gifted free people shirt, bcbg pants, boyfriend's flannel, denim jacket from New Mexico, target shoes

These pictures are from earlier this week, I've been meaning to get them up, but alas...laziness. This day was spent in and around Central Park. After a birthday lunch with my dad in midtown, I walked up fifth avenue and found myself lost in the Central Park Zoo. I spent time watching seals swim effortlessly through the water, always popping their heads above the surface in the same spot. Even when it started to rain, Central Park was more beautiful than ever.

At this point of fall, I pretty much always have a flannel tied around my waist. Not only does it play into my current fashion style, titled 'disney grunge,' but it's also great for the massive temperature changes throughout the day. I'm obsessed with this shirt, given to me by a friend. I wore it to work alot this summer because it's perfect for an office or class (with a sweater) or for going out to drinks. Francescaand I met up near Central Park after class and found ourselves at a happy hour on the Upper East Side, an area where I've never spent that much time. After a few drinks, Francesca and I started playing pool, something she claims she's never done, but she was suspiciously good for a beginner....a pool shark in disguise. 

We later joined a couple guys while they played pool, not contributing much skill-wise and refusing to tell the truth. They asked us what we were doing there, we said we were hired to exterminate the poltergeist that was haunting the bar, but were killing time until the witching hour. They asked us what we liked to eat, we said raw meat. Maybe it's because halloween is around the corner, but we were in a witchy mood with no interest in playing into their flirty game.

1 comment :

  1. Central Park is so magical! I was just there visiting NY, and wandering around was my favorite part, especially the old castle.

    xo,
    Casual Concern

    ReplyDelete