Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Break













F21 jacket, H&M tank, free people pants, vintage bag, thrift Jeffrey Campbell platform creepers

Yesterday was one of those perfect fall break days where you think you're going to go to the library to do work and then somehow end up miles from where you expected to be. Chloe and I decided to take advantage of our day off by doing some work and then heading over to Williamsburg. It's so close, but it's somewhere I rarely ever think of going for a bite or happy hour special. Our first stop was the thrift store Fox & Fawn. I snagged these Jeffrey Campbell platform creepers for cheap! I've been coveting creepers, basically forever, and decided I couldn't pass up on this deal. I left the store 6 inches taller with my sneakers in my bag and these babies on my feet. I quickly made Chloe snap some photos of me in my new shoes before heading to a random bar for happy hour. 

Next we went to Union Pool. I bar that has been on my Brooklyn to do list for a while. With cheap beer, a photobooth and an outdoor taco truck, I was one happy gal. We had planned to meet up with friends and head out for dinner, but ended up staying there the whole night and eating some chorizo tacos from the El Diabolo truck. We talked and played games in between trips to the photobooth. They had free music at a tiny venue that we had to check out. I danced to an awesome jazz band featuring an older lady playing the sax in a sweet poncho and a bassist wearing no shoes. All the while, my feet were comfortable as can be in these shoes!

This morning Chloe and I went out and bought a couple little pumpkins. We sat on the floor of the deck carving them while our halloween cat investigated. A successfall break....get it? Nevermind.


2 comments :

  1. I'm far too obsessed with everything in this post: carved mini pumpkins, those shoes, YOUR BRAIDS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle scarpe !! (Or are they scarpe da ginnastica?) Are they as comfortable as they look?

    ReplyDelete