Thursday, December 17, 2015

Scotland
































Sorry for the picture overload! I'm gearing up for my next adventure, which for me means looking at photos of past trips! Shortly after I stopped blogging last summer I took a trip to Scotland with my boyfriend and his family. I thought I would share the pictures because it was truly a magical trip. Jimmy's cousin was getting married and though we couldn't go to wedding because Jimmy had to go back to school, we were able to enjoy the pre-wedding festivities. It was also perfectly timed because it took place during the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Everywhere we walked, tourists and locals flooded the streets checking out street performers, heading to and from shows. There was music, comedy, plays, and everything in between. We saw a couple shows, but we were mostly there for family things which meant lots of food and tons of drink. We truly discovered our ambrosia  coffee with bailey's and whiskey. It kept us awake and chipper through the action-packed days. I discovered my love of haggis (served with tatties and neeps of course) and all things fried  especially fish and chips.



One of the days we rented a car and drove to St. Andrews, the place where golf was invented, and ate in the cafe where Prince William and Kate Middleton supposedly fell in love. We walked around the ruins of the cathedral and down to the water. When we stopped at the gift shop, Jimmy spotted a castle on a calendar and said we should go. The next day we got in the car and headed there. We did zero research, which in hindsight was not the best planning but it worked out for the best. We just put the castle in the GPS and went. Driving through the Scotland countryside was truly breathtaking. We had no idea how to get to the castle, we simply saw it from the road and found somewhere to park. Near the car park we saw a path, so we followed it. Saying this now, it was both so random and fortuitous. The path did eventually lead to the castle, with sprawling mountains on either side. I kept jokingly saying "I guess I'll take another beautiful, breathtaking photo of a mountain...if I have to. 


This was really one of the most magical and wonderful places I've visited. Looking through these photos is making me nostalgic for the pubs, locals, views, and liveliness. I hope I'll be able to go back soon. In the meantime, my focuses are on my upcoming adventure! Where to next? My boyfriend and I will be driving down to Atlanta, GA next Saturday to take a couple much needed days of R&R. I can't wait to see the sights, drink beer, and eat way too much BBQ. Be sure to follow my insta to see my adventures!
Instagram

7 comments :

  1. Scotland is a beautiful country and I want to explore there more. I've only been to two cities so day and highlands are on top of the list. These photos are beautiful and good to hear that you had a great time there.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotland is beautiful. Looks like you had an amazing trip.
    http://doreensstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I want to visit Scotland! Its gorgeous!

    Happy Holidays!
    Sabrina | www.gypsytan.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a lovely trip! I need to go to Scotland one day x

    http://splitneedles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful places!

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love looking through old photos! Can't wait to see more from your future adventures :D

    Grace x
    www.queenbeach.uk

    ReplyDelete