Monday, December 3, 2012

When in Rome






















More pictures from my class field trip to Rome! On Friday night we went out to eat at the cutest restaurant. Four out of five of us got pasta with lamb that was amazing! After Chelsea, Joe and I went to a hole in the wall bar called the Fiddler's elbow. Chelsea left early, but Joe and I drank beer and played darts with Italians. We had such a nice time speaking to them in Italian for hours! We lost darts, turns out I'm really terrible! Whoops. We got back to the hotel around one and had to get up at seven thirty the next morning. We went to EUR, a fascist planned city on the outskirts of Rome. It's so fascist, it's scary. I hated it so much. We went to St. Peter's where there were about thirty marching bands and a circus tent set up...WHAT? The last thing on our itinerary was to visit the Etruscan artifacts at the Villa Guilia. 

It was all so great and I'm so happy I got to spend some time in Rome! This was my last trip and while it makes me so sad, it also means I'll be reuniting with my friends and family in America soon. This is the last week of classes and next week in finals. I can't make time slow down! It's going by way too fast. I'll be spending all the time that's not studying enjoying Florence and everything it has to offer. Savoring every moment I have here.

No comments :

Post a Comment